- 450g blackberries
- 400g plums, stoned and sliced
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and sliced
- 250g golden caster sugar
- Grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- 12-14 medium slices white bread, crusts removed
- 2 tbsp crème de cassis (optional)
- Put the blackberries, plums, pears and sugar into a pan with the orange zest and juice. Cover and cook gently for 5 minutes, until the fruit softens slightly and releases its juices. Remove from the heat.
- Dampen the inside of 6 x 175ml mini pudding basins. Line with cling film, making sure it overhangs the edges, then smooth any creases. Cut out 6 x 5cm rounds of bread and press into the base of the basins. Line the sides with bread, cutting to fit.
- Using a slotted spoon, divide the fruit between the bread-lined basins. Cover with the remaining bread and drizzle with some juice from the pan. (Chill the leftover juice.) Wrap the overhanging edges of cling film over the top of each pudding, and weigh each one down with a saucer and can. Chill overnight.
- To serve, unwrap the cling film and upturn onto a plate.